Friday, 21 September 2012

Inky fingers ...


I am in a tag making mood - beats Christmas cards LOL!!  Got a couple of DT projects using tags on the go, but thought I would make one just for the fun of it, and having been quite girly recently, I have gone for masculine and grungy!  I coloured the tag using pumice distress ink, and layered it up on the corners.  I also coloured some scrap card with the ink, adding a bit of broken china.  Having dired the tag (cos I'm impatient!) I places my TH compass mask over the corner and misted with glimmer mists - did both corners. (Note to self, put the mask away before drying the tag with your heat gun, or you might melt the mask that you left abandoned on your craft sheet!!!!)  Once the tag was dry I stamped over it using TH stamps and IndigoBlu stamps.  I added TH tissue tape, before adding theIndigoBlu train stamp that I had stamped onto that scrap of cardstock.  I used the left over bit to make the banner and stamped over it with the IndigoBlu compass stamp.The banner and image were attached using my mini stapler and I stuck some watch parts to the image.Oh and everything is distressed of course using my trusty, but getting blunt!, TH distressing tool.  Now I just need to wash my hands!!

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - tape it
Do You Stack Up - flags
DutchDare - snips and snails
Fabulous Friday - traingles
Fuss n Fancy - trip around the world
Anything but a card - anything but a card





19 comments:

Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire said...

I really love the grungy feel fo this card. You did a great job incorporating the requirements of your challenges into your tag and the colors, stamps, masking, etc all blend together so well! Thanks for joining us over at the Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday challenge. Now I'm inspired to "get my grunge on"...

Doreen said...

Love this gorgeous Tag.xxx

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab... Guess what?! I haven't tackled one of them either ;)

S xx

Desire Fourie said...

Cathy this is so beautifully designed. Loving your creative style. Lots of eye candy here. Wishing you a fab Friday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is fabulous. I love the design and all your detailing

Sue

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the grungy feel to this.

Craftyanny said...

ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous Cathy. I love vintage and you've did the to perfection.
Anne x

Alyce said...

Love it cathy! The steampunk look is great and the inking looks amazing. Fantastic work! :)

Lynn said...

How fantastic!! Love the steam punk theme!!
Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Challenges:)

Huggs Lynn xx

Céline said...

really gorgeous tag
thanks for playing withus at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline

Barb said...

What a wonderful creation! The inking, layering and distressing are perfect. So much detail, but it's so subtle that it all melds perfectly together. Thank you for joining us at DYSU this week!

soapHOUSEmama said...

LOVELY work! Thanks so much for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

WencheP said...

This is so cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sarah said...

Wow! Love all the Tim Holtz goodness! I hope your mask survived the heat gun! I love your tissue tape banner too! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!

princesskitten said...

Great olde worlde look

kitten - DYSU team

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Great tag!!loved the grundgy feeling of it.Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

Anita Scroggins said...

Great job on the tag - love the look! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!!

Sammi said...

Awesome tag Cathy!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Anything but a card.com :)
Sammi
xx

Brigit said...

Great job on the tag!!