Monday, 7 January 2013

Just plain simple ...

 I thought I would do some quite plain cards and as I am not brave enough to stamp directly on to the card blank, I stamped/printed onto cardstock before matting onto cardstock and the card blank.

 How cute is this Crafty Sentiment image???  It so reminded me of my Ellie and her cat Miffy.  I coloured the image with my pens, did some doodling round the edge, added the pearls and sentiment and put it on a card.  Very simple!

Supplies
Colouring medium: copics
Skin: E11,E00,E000,R20
Hair: E31,E33, E35, E37, E39, E25
Clothes: R81,R83, R85, B97, B95, B93, B91, E40,E42,E43,E44
Cat: E33, E74, E79  
Papers: 
Embellishments: Flat backed pearls
Tools:

Challenges:
Stamping Sensations - friendship
Oldie but a Goodie - use a sponsor's image
Fuss n Fancy - Furry Friends
Challenges4Everyone - anything goes
Dream Valley - anything goes  
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Hotshot - CAS
Paper PLatyime - pets
ABC challenges - CAS

And now for a new image I got the other day ...
 I love Doctor Who and this is a fab image ... although all that blue was a bit daunting!!  And apparently it is not dark enough according to my hubby!  Anyway - I coloured it in using my pens, stamped the sentiment and added a doodled frame.  This will be winging its way to my brother for hisbirthday in a couple of days.

 Supplies
Sentiment: from stash
Colouring medium: promarkers 
Skin: sunkissed pink, blush, ivory, pastel pink 
Hair: caramel, sandstone, burnt sienna
Clothes:walnut, cocoa, cinnamon, tan, pear green, warm grey 3,2.1
Tardis: midnight blue, navy blue, french navy, aegan, cyan
Papers: 
Embellishments: 
Tools: 

Challenges:
 Mayzy Art - anything goes
Creative Inspirations - Celebration
Simon Says Stamp - something new(stash)
Cute Card Thursday - Something New(Stash)
Digi Galore - Something new
Crafty Calendar - Whats New (Stash)
Incy Wincy - Something new
Ohlala Creations - Happy Birthday

Allsorts - CAS


 

33 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh they're both brilliant Cathy.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Two great cards Cathy, I specially like the pretty image on the first one and the soft pinks.

Thanks so much for joining our Friendship theme at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Squirrel x said...

Both fantastic hunny, you have CAS nailed completely! Hugs Sxx

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Cathy. I love the CAS designs. The images are both fab and you've coloured them beautifully.
Lorraine x

Alyce said...

love these but i cant go past that super gorgeous image of the first one...hehehe!! one cute kitty! :D love the designs...beautiful work cathy :)

Mayzy said...

Knock knock

Who's there?

Doctor

Ahahaha... I couldn't help myself. Love this card. It really looks great!

Thanks for joining the MayzyArt Challenge!

~Mayzy

Mamma Mia said...

Love both your cards Cathy - wish I could doodle so effectively round the edge of the card!!! Thanks for sharing your Doctor Who card at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Something New" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

pinky said...

I love them both Cathy and hope to do a lot of CAS cards this year. The first one is just adorable. Think I need that image. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Rene said...

Awesome...just gorgeous! I love CAS cards...they really highlight the image! I just love this! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene :D

Shazza said...

oooh that first card is so cute, saw it at MIM and came over for a nosey
x

Janice said...

2 lovely cards, love both your images and your colouring is fantastic. Thank you for joining us as we thank our sponsors over at an OBAG, Jx

nnalorac said...

Love both, such fab cas cards Cathy. Popped over from MIM. Carolxx Carolxx

Kitty Kats Krafts said...

Hiya

I love both of your cards, but that sweet image with the kitty is a winner with me!

Hugs
Sam x

Nathalie said...

Very cute cards. I love stamp with cat. thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie

cotnob said...

These are both fabulous cards but I have so say the Doctor Who one is my favourite and I think your colouring is brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

PaperDaisies said...

Both cards are brilliant. You have showcased your images beautifully. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! I just {heart} that first one, way too cute!

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy super cute card thanks for joining in with the challenge good luck

Sharon said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Dream Valley. The image is so cute and beautifully coloured.
Hugs Sharon. x

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Awesome job, great on your coloring! Thanks for joining in at Digi Galore.
Lisa
)) hugs ((

Janis said...

Cathy, both are so good. Love the little girl with the kitty though. Just too too too sweet. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Fabulous cards! Your coloring is amazing! Love how you used the same layout for both a feminine and masculine card! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

CheerDown said...

Well 'Who' would have thought it? A great guy birthday card and I have to go and get that Dr Who image I've been a fan since I watched it as a child. Love the image and whilst your hubby says the TARDIS should be darker I rather like the blue shades you have chosen.
Thanks for sharing at Ooh La La Creations
Alli xx

Pia S said...

2 great CAS style cards! The doodled lines are such nice details. Clever designs!

Jo said...

Great job with the DR Who image. Nice shading.Thanks for joining us at MayzyArt.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Loz said...

Fabulous cards and colors Cathy.Visited from MIM..Loz

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Fabulous cards and colors. Visited from MIM..Faye

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

two fab cards both fabulous in their own right so glad you entered them!

Thanks for joining us for our CAS challenge this week at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Helene E said...

time is running out but I managed to pop by to admire your work and thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Allsorts this week =)

Francesca said...

very cute creation, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Sandy said...

Very pretty, love the colors.. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!!
Sandy :)

Darlene Lyons said...

Great work! Thanks for sharing it with us at MayzyArt!